Written by Children at a Fifth Grade Christian School - God is Like…

My friend Marilyn sent this to me. I am sharing it with you because it reminded me that when we see life through the eyes of a child we understand them better. Also, when we see faith as they do, we understand what Messiah meant when He spoke about our need to come to Him as a child would.

What follows was written by a fifth grade class in a Christian school because the teacher asked her students to look at TV commercials and see if they could use them to communicate ideas about God. Here are some of the results.

God is like…Bayer Aspirin - He works miracles. God is like…Ford - He's got a better idea. God is like…Coke; He's the real thing. God is like…Hallmark Cards - He cares enough to send His very best. God is like…Tide - He gets the stains out others leave behind. God is like…General Electric - He brings good things to life. God is like…Alka-Seltzer - Try Him, you'll like Him. God is like…Scotch Tape - You can't see Him, but you know He's there. God is like…Delta - He's ready when you are. God is like…Allstate -You're in good hands with Him. God is like...VO-5 Hair Spray - He holds through all kinds of weather. God is like…Dial Soap - Aren't you glad you have Him? Don't you wish everybody did? God is like…the U.S. Post Office - Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor ice will keep Him from His appointed destination. God is like…Chevrolet - The heartbeat of America. God is like…Maxwell House - Good to the very last drop. God is like… Bounty - He’s the quicker picker upper - Can handle the tough jobs…and, He won't fall apart on you.

When I read this, I thought of Matthew 19:14-15 where Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these. When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.” Then, I thought of Matthew 18:3, where He said, “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” Then, I prayed for you and me, that we would see Him as clearly as the children did.
Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment