AM – First Fruits of the Morning

Good morning…It’s nice to see you again! I hope you woke joyful for this is that day that the Lord has made and we should rejoice and be grateful for all He has done.

Even as I typed these words, I remembered that throughout my own life and while mentoring women time and again I realized how difficult it is to do this. For the tyranny of the urgent pulls at our shirtsleeve and takes us away from what matters most. Years ago, while searching the scripture I discovered three verses which when strung together helped me do what seemed and at times still seems undoable. That dear friends is my posting for this morning.

Before I share them let me pat you on the back as a sort of solace for not finding, once again, what you came here expecting which was the last Sephardic Voice. Let me remind you that the best things come to those who wait for waiting builds character. And let mention that scripture, when ingested and pondered upon while we lay down, rise, and go about our day is most certainly the end all, be all of our very existence for in Him we have our beginning and end. As He is the Alpha and Omega the one who called us forth, let us give Him the first fruits of this day aware that no matter our age or station we are the children of His pasture. Since we pasture wit the Lord let me suggest that you graze upon the scriptures below throughout you day for they will change your life!

The Lord is the light of the world, therefore He “turns my darkness into light (2 Samuel 22:29) as, “I take every thought captive unto Christ’ (2 Corinthians 10:5) thus daily being “transformed by the renewing of my mind.” (Romans 12:2).

If you think grazing upon the scriptures is silly perhaps you haven’t tried to take your thoughts captive or haven’t been taught how. And understanding, since I came to faith at 40, that not knowing is not an option for us unless we want to be miserable in our walk with the Lord, I will tell you how to achieve the above. Write out the negative thoughts that plague you, pray, and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you as you search the scriptures. Look for the one that resonates within your spirit. You will know you have found it by your reaction.

I know you’re wondering if I ever had any issues to work on so let me share that I grew up thinking I was ugly, fat, stupid and dumb. When I stumbled upon the idea that I'm sharing with you I didn’t really believe that my repeating a simple verse or a few verses three times a day for ten minutes while staring at my image would change me. However, I took my que from Gideon and threw out a fleece to the Lord, sort of challenging Him. Then I search the scripture wondering what verse God would quicken to me. I must confess that I wanted a verse that made me feel that God thought of me as He did His son the Messiah and eventually I was given that gift. To begin with, however, God knew He needed to heal my hurts and gave me 1 Corinthians 1:27-29 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him.

This was a far cry from where I wanted to begin. Yet begin I did though grudgingly. In fact I was so upset by what I had been led to that I challenged God insisting, If you want me to believe this make it real! And He did! But you’ll have to comeback to find out how…
Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment