Early in the Morning, I Will Seek Your Face - by Paula Rose Michelson

Romans 12: 1 “Therefore, I urge you...in light of God’s mercy, to offer your body’s as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God.”

O God my rock and my redeemer there is no one like you. No one who understands me as you do. You know that my desire is to please you and yet I am unable to do so without the guidance of the Ruach Ha Kodesh... your Holy Spirit. Remind me, therefore, O Lord to walk close to you. For I am as a young child who at times wanders from away you—the only one who knows what is best for me. But where can I go and what can I do without your guidance? What can I accomplish that has merit in your sight or value for eternity unless I stay close to you?

When I was a young child, I ventureed out to explore my world so that I could eventually become a separate and distinct person. However, my relationship with you is the antithesis of this. In order to present myself to you a sacrifice that is worthy and pleasing, I have learned to seek you first and keep you close to me throughout my day. My hunger to become a worthy disciple of yours has allowed me to break though my own desire to be an island unto myself. I admit that I need your presence in my life moment by moment in a way I never needed anyone else.

Although I am aware that I have the freedom to choose to spend time with you early in the quite hours of the morning, or not, each day I have to chose whether I want to be a living sacrifice for you or to sacrifice my life upon the altar of some other god who is not God at all. Thank you, Ha Shem for calling me to spend time with you this morning. I know that by putting you first in all that I do I will not waste this day storing up treasure that does not last and creating a life that has no significance but is full of wasted potential.
Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

Christina Rich said...

Thank you, Paula, for the wonderful blessing this morning.

Post a Comment