Unexpected Blessings by Paula Rose Michelson

Although I usually do my weekly posting on this blog on Tuesday, I could not wait to share this with you!

Sometimes, unexpectedly one finds herself the recipient of praise. Not because they have originated anything that is noteworthy, but because they have needed to research the history of a people, synthesize it into an easily readable form, and discriminate the material.

As many of you know, when I posted my research on Abraham Lincoln having Sephardic roots, an individual who wanted to publish the article on various internet sites contacted me. I asked that person to give a website or another url so that I could see who they were. I received no response.

Yesterday, I received another request, this time about Christopher Columbus. Without my asking, this person offered me information and links which proved that she is who she said she was. Since it is very rare for an author of historical fiction to receive any requests of this type, I have posted her query below.

As you read it, I hope you will rejoice with me because God has granted me favor with people I have not met.

Dear Paula,

I read your blog today, finding it very informative. I am a converso, who has returned to Judaism. I am an activist and educator for the anousim movement. I lecture to Road Scholars; Crypto Jewish program in Albuquerque, NM. I am contacting you to ask if I may have permission to copy your article on Columbus, of course giving you full credit. My next lecture is Oct. 18, 2011. It seems appropriate to hand it out in the class. If I get your permission, I then have to send it to Karen Long our tour guide for her to get permission from the main office to make copies for handouts for the class.

Mazel tov - (congratulations) on your great writing, good resources, and research

Best,
Sonya Loya
Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment