I’m hosting author B. J. Robinson whose new novel One Rainy Summer will release soon


One Rainy Summer by B. J. Robinson releases October 21 from Desert Breeze Publishing, Inc., California.
One Rainy Summer by B. J. Robinson is a story of old and new love. Granny has a secret. Hope falls for the boy next door. Her grandmother rekindles a relationship her family didn't approve of years before. Hope finds an old picture of her Grandma clutched in the embrace of a man with icy blue eyes. Who is he? Hope scoots out the door and back to her own room, dashes to the window, and peeks outside. The moonlight reveals a funny sight. Her beach-ball granny climbs a ladder like the prince climbed Rapunzel’s hair. A man stands at the bottom and holds it. He gazes up at Hope's window, and she shivers and lets the curtain drop. Grandma is a grown woman. Why is she sneaking around with this mystery man? What's going on? Why is my honest, respectful, Bible-reading granny slipping out her bedroom window in the middle of the night like some teen?

Excerpt:

My mind ran rampant with thoughts of Matthew. What had gotten into me? I'd never thought of him other than a good friend. We'd lived in stifling hot, muggy-buggy, mosquito-infested,cattle-ranching, timber-raising, and citrus-growing Holopaw our entire lives, right next door to one another. You had to experience a place like this for yourself. I loved how riding my four-wheeler down the rutted dirt paths in Suburban reminded me of bunny hops on a roller coaster. I'd ridden all the coasters in Florida from The Hulk and The Dueling Dragons at Universal Studios to the newest ones at Busch Gardens in Tampa.

Holopaw and St. Cloud, Florida, had both been used for military training during World War II. Both towns had been a major source of sugar cane production, and a railroad was used for transportation. That fit, since Holopaw's Indian name meant "place where something is hauled. "I shook my head in wonder when I thought about what a rich and diverse area we lived in. I couldn't help but love it. There was never a dull moment, always something to do. My history teacher would be proud of me if she knew I remembered what I learned in class. Lost in thought, I let Matthew take the lead, and he strode ahead down the winding trail that lead to Sandy's. I gazed at his lithe figure and wondered when things had begun to change between us. When did I begin to think of him other than just the boy next door? Did he think differently of me, too, or was it all one-sided on my part? I didn't want to let him know how I felt, just in case. Only time would tell.

Author B. J. Robinson has been writing and seeing her work published since the third grade when her teacher submitted her pet story to a local newspaper. Her first college essay was published in another local paper, and her first college short story won first-prize, publication in the university's literary magazine, and ran as a serial for three weeks on the front page of her hometown newspaper. She developed that story into the novel Southern Superstitions.

Author B. J. Robinson writes from Florida where she lives with her husband and pets, two dogs, and a cat. She's authored three romantic suspense novels, and One Rainy Summer is her first sweet YA book, a short novel. She published short stories that can be found on Amazon.com. Her children live in Louisiana and Maine, and have all made her a grandmother multiple times. She has 12 grandchildren. Visit her at the following locations. Sign to follow her blog for an opportunity to win free novels, both paperback and e-book.

http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-355/One-Rainy-Summer-BJ/Detail.bok will be available as an e-book at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Sony, Christianbooks.com, etc. YA, sweet rating.
 https://www.facebook.com/barbara.robinson.773?ref=tn_tnmn Connect with author on her Facebook Page
http://barbarajrobinson.blogspot.com/ Connect with author on her blog.

Category: 3 comments

3 comments:

Valerie Strawmier said...

This book by BJ Robinson is SUCH a great story! I wish our youth could grow up in simpler times, understanding and learning how God is there for them. This story is the perfect embodiment of all that, and once again, BJ Robinson has written a must-have!

Rita Garcia said...

Loved the multi-layers of this fantastic novel. Totally a must read!

B. J. Robinson said...

Thanks so much Valerie and Rita for taking the time to visit and letting others know you enjoy my novels. I sincerely appreciate it, and I'm so glad to know you enjoy them. Blessings, BJ

Post a Comment